Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities
Celebrating its 20th edition, the Fantasia International Film Festival returns to Concordia’s Hall theatre from July 14th to August 2nd, 2016. Since its first edition in 1996, the festival’s ever-growing popularity has attracted the attention of the international film industry, alongside a legion of attendees from across the world. Over 129,000 festival-goers, mostly aged between 18 and 39 years old, attended Fantasia in 2014, and the festival has attracted over 1.5 million spectators during its lifespan, establishing Fantasia as an event with long-term benefits for films both big and small.
Every facet of the filmmaking chain is increasingly represented with in-person delegates at the festival — directors, actors, producers, studio representatives, distributors and festival programmers, who get to experience the legendarily enthusiastic, taste-making audience of Fantasia. While already widely considered to be one of the largest and most influential fantastic film festivals in the world, Fantasia looks forward to expanding on its achievements with more visiting filmmakers, industry attendees, global media impact, original critical writing through a monthly web magazine, and the introduction of a film market that will enable independent media artists to exchange ideas and to connect with patrons and audiences alike.
Fantasia 2015 at a Glance
- More than 110,000 film goers in 2015, 17% of them tourists and visitors
- More than 200 media professionnals on site
- 40 countries, 195 paying screenings — including 140 feature films (85 % presented in premiere), 350 short films, more than 60 sold-out screenings, 3 outdoor screenings and 6 conferences
- Noteworthy premieres such as Turbo Kid (François Simard), Ant-Man 3D (Peyton Reed), Cop Car (Jon Watts), Attack on Titan (Shinji Higuchi), Miss Hokusai (Keichii Hara)
- 30 sponsors and partners, 10 media sponsors and 125 advertisers
- Our outdoor screenings attracted more than 10,000 viewers
- 450 industry accreditations
- A significant increase in international press coverage (more than 2900 articles in 2015, vs. 1900 in 2014)
- Advertising exchanges with 45 other international film festivals
- The participation of the Consulates General of both Japan and the Republic of Korea, as well as the Hong Kong Trade Economics and His Excellency Kenjiro Monji, the Ambassador of Japan in Canada.
Board of Directors
Fantasia international film festival’s board of directors is comprised of the following eleven members:
Associate at Miller Thompson
President and founder of Fantasia
Associate at Fasken Martineau
Associate at Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
Co-General Director of Fantasia
Vice-President, Finance, Administration and Legal Affairs of Fantasia
Cultural manager and former President of SODEC
Former Vice-President of Public and Corporate Affairs for the Just For Laughs Group
Filmmaker and screenwriter
President and Producer at Go Films
In 2016, the Fantasia international film festival will be presented mainly at Concordia University (Hall, J.A. De Sève and D.B. Clarke theatres).
Since the beginning of our partnership in 2003, Concordia University has already invested more than two million dollars to ensure projections of a unmatched quality in Montreal. We also organize indoor screenings at the Cinémathèque Québécoise
2015 Special Events
The Fantasia film festival offers an unprecedented promotional opportunity for reaching loyal, enthusiastic, educated adult consumers. This powerful and unique opportunity guarantees high visibility, not only among Fantasia’s large and sought-after audience but also through a targeted provincial and national advertising campaign.
- Logo placement on the cover of our program guides on sale across the province, notably through SuperClub Vidéotron and HMV
- Advertisements strategically placed in our program guide
- Your ad on our free complimentary DVD included with each program guide
- Commercials on our big screens before selected films
- Logo placement on our poster advertising campaign across downtown Montreal
- Visibility and links on our Web site
- VIP passes and tickets to Fantasia for your clients and/or employees
- Your logo on our eye-catching, full-colour banner, located in the centre of downtown Montreal
- The possibility of realizing promotional activities during the event.
In addition to the opportunity to sponsor the festival as a whole, it is possible to sponsor awards and special events, or even become the official presenter of one of the programming sections of the festival. For more information, please refer to our corporate brochure, a downloadable PDF (5.8 MB).
For more information
Fantasia International Film Festival
3450 St-Denis, suite 307
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Tel. : (514) 876-1760